Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mike Huckabee Idiot

Laughable stuff. Always hard to understand this level of ignorance.

Excerpt from Blitzer Huckabee interview:

BLITZER: Should Israel give up the West Bank?

HUCKABEE: No, I don’t think so. I have been to Israel nine times. I have been all throughout the Middle East, to Lebanon, to Syria, to Jordan, to Egypt. Anyone who goes to Israel, and if you just understand the unique geography and the unique tension that surrounds that area, it would be very problematic for Israel to give up the West Bank, from their own standpoint of security.

The same thing with the Golan Heights — giving up the Golan Heights makes most of Galilee a sitting target. And it would be a very problematic concern for Israeli security. Now it’s their government. They’ll make that decision, not me.

But I certainly could not encourage them to give up the West Bank.

BLITZER: Well, if they’re not going to give up the West Bank or with Syria, the Golan Heights, or at least parts of the Golan Heights, what are they going to negotiate about, from the Arab perspective, or the Palestinian or the Syrian perspective if Israel shouldn’t give up the West Bank or the Golan Heights?

HUCKABEE: Well, there are a lot of options that involve other territory that doesn’t have to include the West Bank or the Golan Heights. There is an enormous amount of land in Arab control all over the Middle East. And to say that it has to be on the West Bank or that it has to be in the Golan Heights, I think, limits the capacity to bring some type of resolution.

No comments: